Monday, May 23, 2011

The past week had been restless with all the festivities and exciting events happening here and there. 1) I spent the last week being side by side with the special ed kids through their last banquet and mini end of the year celebrations at school, outside of school, and at a fun-filled picnic at Lake Cunningham. 2) Senior Picnic was relaxing at a beautiful and somewhat peaceful lake with patties and hot dogs that never seemed to run out. 3) My high school graduation finally came to an end. With the excitement that built up to that process, that feeling was no doubt priceless. I spent graduation afternoon having fish tacos with significant friends, roaming around Target, playing with Steven's doggy, and watching the boys play computer games before the actual big event. Graduation night went on with no hot wings at Applebee's, but with a very green plate of potato salad, glasses of raspberry lemonade, some of my favorite people, and half of the fantasy adventure film The Sorcerer's Apprentice at Charlie's house.

The first day after graduation was well spent in San Mateo with my best friend Lin at a real fantastical and creative DIY festival with intense inventions and crafty folks. We roamed by crafty tutorials, listened to good folk music while watching people ride the bikes to keep the power and band running, explored the dark theater of electronic electrical shock music, discovered the wonders of a cool 3D exhibit, and even made our own stickers! I was intrigued by the creations of such talented artists and musicians. It was too spectacular of an event to not be present at! 

This morning, I woke up early to bike to the school pool to go swimming with the special ed kids because I promised them I'd come today no matter what, and it was freezing cold as expected. I also happened to dislocate my shoulder for the third time from the past few years and I am currently in deep pain. Tomorrow, I am biking to school to drop off some cards I picked up from Target tonight to give my special thanks to the wonderful teachers who helped me get through this year.

And this sums up my past 6 days.

No comments: